HOW Conference + Creative Director = A Baker's Dozen of Insights
This past week, NK sent me to the HOW Design Conference in Chicago and I wanted to share some key items that affected me. Here we go:
- 90% of Communication in the world is non-verbal.
- "Design is the soul of man-made creation" – Steve Jobs
- Design firms must stop doing FREE spec work! Clients need to respect what we do.
- Small Changes ≠ Big Change
- Facts Tell. Stories Sell.
- Ideas are easy. Strategy is much harder.
- Life is difficult when you don't know what you are talking about.
- As designers, we can see things that others can't.
- Collaboration – When client and designers come together as EQUALS toward a shared goal.
- We design for our clients customers.
- Don't ride the wave, make your own.
- EXPAND. OR BECOME EXPENDABLE.
- 33,000 new products are introduced each year. Newhall Klein, Inc is here to break the "Sea of Sameness."
Please ask me for more detail on any of the above and I will be happy to further the conversation. More insights and thoughts to come...