Trade show season is officially upon us! Make sure you’re prepared to make the most of your experience with our easy (and fun) guide. Have more tips and tricks that we should add to our list? Let us know in the comments section below!
Get the Most Out of Your Trade Show
- Do your research and make a plan. Get a feel for the floor layout and where things are before you arrive. Schedule meet ups with key contacts ahead of time.
- Footwear. Wear something that can hold up for 10+ miles.
- Pack an extra bag for all your new SWAG.
- When it comes to food shows, you have to pace yourself. Tempting as it may be, you don't need to try everything you see.
- Stay hydrated and make time for actual meals, not just samples. Your brain and body will appreciate it.
- Make time for cocktail hour – that's where the real networking (and fun) happens! Connecting before and after the show is the best way to meet people and increase awareness of your company, its products and services.
- Have your elevator pitch down. You'll come across more confident and knowledgeable about your business.
- Don't forget your business cards! Networking doesn't work if you (or they) can't follow up.
- Leave your booth and explore. You'll miss out on a lot of details and networking opportunities if you don't take the time to wander around the trade show floor.
HAVE FUN. These events are meant to be special, not stressful. Take it all in, get caught up in the atmosphere, and have fun! When you're having fun, people want to be around you which makes networking that much easier.